Enrollment is now closed!
Digital Storytelling for Impact
Learn how to powerfully use your unique voice
to build authentic support for your work in a digital world.
Be the first to know when enrollment opens.
Do you want to make a difference in the world
and build a movement of change?
Do you struggle with impactfully engaging people in a digital world?
Are you a social entrepreneur, advocate or activist looking to connect and activate real people for your cause?
Are you afraid that your work is going unnoticed or isn’t reaching the right people?
Do you find digital communications too time consuming? Does it drain the energy out of you?
Or do you have a hard time prioritizing and knowing what will have an impact online?
Are you stuck or perhaps unable to start communicating your mission and purpose with others?
If any of the above is true for you, then Digital Storytelling for Impact may be a course for you.
Here’s why I created this course.
It was through the power of storytelling that I was able to build a global community of change makers for gender equality, human rights and social justice. As the founder and president of Girls’ Globe, I have seen the needs of passionate individuals and organizations to gain support for their work online.
I know how difficult it can be to prioritize between online activities, and even to commit to digital communications at all. That’s why I created this course.
Girls’ Globe and I want to support you to have a lasting impact through digital storytelling by:
- strengthening your confidence in your unique strengths and perspectives,
- creating clarity in your purpose, vision and stories,
- and helping you strategically build an engaged online community of supporters.
Your voice is powerful.
Now’s the time for you to learn how to use it impactfully in our digital world!
As a participant of Digital Storytelling for Impact you will…
- Get clarity around your vision, purpose, audience and strategy to eradicate useless communication from your work completely.
- Learn how to build a powerful communications strategy to create a real connection and build an engaged community of supporters.
- Learn how to clearly articulate your vision and purpose to gain trust and support.
- Understand your unique strengths and connect with your authentic voice to tell the stories that really matter.
- Build your confidence in your role as a digital storyteller, knowing that you’re focusing on the tasks and methods of communication that’s right for you.
- Access a global community of inspirational change makers to exchange ideas with, learn from and that will cheer you on.
- Become more confident in your work to create a lasting impact in the world.
What others have said.
– Sebabatso Tsaoane, South Africa, Midwife and Sexual Reproductive Health Advocate
An ICM Young Midwifery Leader, Founder of Black Woman Arise Women’s Health Foundation and Mrs SA 2020 semi-finalist
“The course gave me more clarity and organization skills.
I liked that you can take it at your own pace. I enjoyed the document that was included with each lesson to help me brainstorm and organize. I would recommend it as it was very helpful. Before this course, I did most of my work by basically winging it and taking it step by step since I did not have any coaching or training. This course gave me more clarity, and it helped me identify my strategy and plan my digital activism better.”
“It helped me to clarify my purpose, and focus my role as an activist.
I am a not very expressive person, who sometimes has trouble telling things about me. This course was a challenge for me, but it was fun and I learned through each lesson with the tips that Julia provided us. I loved writing stories that support my activism, I think that is the essence of what we do. The tools we learned are necessary to clarify your role, connect and consequently have a greater impact on the people you want to reach.”
– Esther Giron, Dominican Republic, Afrofeminist Activist
Law graduate, member of the Dominican Federation of Students and the co-founder of Aquelarre RD, a feminist training organisation that works with marginalised communities.
– Chaimae Bourjij, Morocco, Advocate for Freedom and Gender Equality
National Project Coordinator at Fondation Friedrich Naumann pour la Liberté au Maroc, Mobilizer Awardee 2018 at the UN SDG Action Campaign, and a She Decides Activist 2020.
Course Structure and Delivery
Digital Storytelling for Impact is a one week course that is completely online. You will receive access to a member-only learning platform with lessons and additional resources – which you will have access to for 3 months.
The course has 5 lessons which will be released daily from Monday to Friday from the start of the course on 21 September 2020. Each lesson includes a video and a work guide to get your strategy in place, conquer your fears and take real action.
Each lesson requires 1-2 hours of your time. You can complete this course in your own time and when it works for your schedule. Remember, you have access to this course for 3 months, so there is more than enough time to thoroughly complete the course.
Important: this course is for YOU and the impact you want to make in the world. It is an investment in your personal and professional development, so there is no coursework to hand in, no tests and therefore no certificates.
The Exclusive bonuses and resources that will be given to participants of Digital Storytelling for Impact include:
- Bonus lessons like: Productivity Online, Public Speaking, Storytelling & Self Care and more to further build your skills and strengthen your impact.
- A growing list of resources on topics like: online content creation, build your email list, social media tools and more.
- Lifetime access to a brand new supportive community of changemakers in the Girls’ Globe Digital Storytelling for Impact Facebook Group
The cost of this course is EUR 97, which will be paid in full at the time of enrollment. Please note that the course fee is non-refundable. The course is an investment for organizations, activists, advocates and social entrepreneurs looking to make a lasting impact in the world. We trust that you will make a thoughtful decision when you enroll.
To make the course available to as many people as possible, Girls’ Globe offers scholarships to a number of grassroots activists and social entrepreneurs from around the world. Find out if you’re eligible and apply for a scholarship here.
“You’re never going to kill storytelling, because it’s built in the human plan. We come with it.”
– Margaret Atwood